Today’s high pace of life has made people prone to several health issues. Having body aches, tiredness, and dullness are common problems. To treat these effectively, aromatherapy can help. It is a complementary therapy that can treat issues like headaches, fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, and more.
Benefits of Aromatherapy
With aromatherapy, the aim is to activate smell receptors and certain areas of your brain’s limbic system to make you feel better from within. It also puts an impact on your hypothalamus that can create chemicals like serotonin. The other effective benefits of aromatherapy are:
- Provide relaxation to the body
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Improve the quality of sleep
- Relax your body muscles and reduce body pain
- Help reduce side-effects like nausea, headache, and pain caused by health treatments
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the main therapeutic agents in aromatherapy. These oils are extracted from flowers, fruits, leaves, stalks, and roots and are very powerful in providing your body with great relaxation and comfort. With their great fragrance and aromatic use, these oils can do wonders for your body and mind.
The list of oils that are used in aromatherapy consists of lavender, rose, chamomile, hyssop, grapefruit, and more. You need to find the right oil for your body to have the best results.
Which oil would suit you the best?
To have the best results from aromatherapy, you must find the suitable oil according to your body’s needs. Every oil has its specialty and work so the selection of the oil plays a vital role. Here are some of the oils that you can consider:
- Lavender is popular for its fragrance and it helps with improving sleep, reducing headaches, and easing the irritation caused by any skin issue.
- Rose has a great floral scent and it helps in reducing anxiety and also works on acne and makes one look younger.
- Roman chamomile calms your mind and is also good for your skin.
Other essential oils that are used in aromatherapy are Hyssop, Myrrh, Ylang-ylang, Vetiver, and more.