Aruba Airlines Launches The World's Shortest International Flight
Eight minutes. That's the flying time of a new route that could very well be the shortest international flight in the world.
Image for representation.
In less than 10 minutes, flyers can travel from Venezuela to Aruba aboard the newly launched route from Aruba Airlines.
Just 50 miles (80 km) separate the two airports in Aruba (AUA) and Punto Fijo (LSP) in northern Venezuela. The two countries, however, are separated by only 15 miles (24 km), points out trade publication Airways.
The flight, which was inaugurated late last week, will operate twice weekly on Mondays and Fridays, with connections to Curacao, Bonaire and Miami.
Though the title of world's shortest flight has been claimed, there is currently no titleholder for shortest international flight in the archives of the Guinness World Records.
The world's shortest domestic flight takes two minutes -- including taxiing -- and carries passengers from the Orkney Islands of Westray to Papa Westray in Scotland.
The distance totals 1.7 miles (2.74 km).
Recommended For You
- 'Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai' Actress Aarti Chabria Ties the Knot With Boyfriend Visharad Beedassy
- AIFF's Denial to Rumours of ISL Getting Top Division Status is Appalling: I-League Champions Chennai City FC
- Over 200 Million Wi-Fi Enabled Devices Sold in India in 2018, Claims Report
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Have 'Officially' Parted Ways: Report
- The New Hilarious #HornChallenge That's Making TikTok Users Laugh Out Loud
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s