Beat The Heat By Giving Your Abode A White Makeover
To add a refreshing classic look white colour is the best option.
Representative Image: Getty Images
Make your home look more soothing and comfortable by playing with the hues of white on your wall and décor. Introduce your sitting room and bedroom to white walls, curtains, fresh white flowers and invest in good quality white linen to beat the heat, suggest experts.
Ashok Basoya - Founder Ottimo; Surabhi Kumari, Design Head of Tangerine, and Sunil Gupta, Founder & Director, ExportersIndia.com have listed ways to calm down your senses with white home décor :
* White walls and bed sheet: To add a refreshing classic look white colour is the best option. The white tones give an artistic touch to the walls. White wall paints and the radiant light coming in through the windows makes the room refreshing.
In addition nothing can beat the comfort of a white bed-sheet in the bedroom in such scorching heat. It also brightens the room and makes it look bigger and cleaner.
* White flowers: Fresh white flowers will enhance the aroma of the room and will sooth your and your guest's eyes.
* Upgrade your green plants and pair them with cool white planters and you have a home that is not just summer ready but also cool and green. Match with white wicker chairs and colourful cushions to complete the look.
* White linnen: Soft and delicate to the touch and sight, bed linen in the white can include duvet covers, sheets, pillows and bedspreads, in cottons, modals, cotton-linen, cotton-silk throughout in natural tones.
Cotton is the first fibre used to create fabric and it is consider as the world's strongest fibre. Its appearance, finishes and its seasonal on trend will change the way you rest because this cotton, modal silk and linen selection is not only cool and sophisticated but its fibre makes it best insulator -- soft and good for the skin.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- PV Sindhu Overcomes Tai Tzu Ying to Reach World Badminton Championships Semi-finals
- Prabhas and Raveena Tandon Dance on 'Tip Tip Barsa Pani' on Nach Baliye 9
- Woman, Whose Rendition of Lata Mangeshkar Classic Went Viral, Records Song for Himesh Reshammiya
- Woman Watching YouTube Video on How to Find Diamonds Finds 3.72-carat Diamond
- India vs West Indies 2019: Gavaskar 'Astonished' by Ashwin Exclusion