Beauty Lessons from Milan Fashion Week
Lipstick was bold and colorful, in keeping with multiple AW18 shows in New York and London.
(Photo: Image for representation/ Reuters)
As the Autumn/Winter 2018 ready-to-wear shows move into Paris, we take stock of the biggest beauty trends seen on the catwalks in Milan.
Fun, colorful eyeliner was a big trend on the Italian catwalks, adding a dash of joie de vivre to otherwise sleek, classic beauty looks. Fendi and Tommy Hilfiger opted for a flash of metallic silver shadow at the inner corner of the eye and along the lower lids, while a streak of electric blue liner added a jazzy flash of color to the utilitarian tailored looks on show at Salvatore Ferragamo.
Read my lips
Lipstick was also bold and colorful, in keeping with multiple AW18 shows in New York and London. It was all about the bubblegum colors at Max Mara, where the models sported bright lipstick in poppy tones such as hot pink and lilac, and slightly more unusual shades -- such as a lurid green -- at Annakiki.
Despite all the offbeat color, there was still room for some classic Italian glamour. Alberta Ferretti kept things traditional with winged black eyeliner that ended in a perfect flourish and served as a reminder of the power of simplistic beauty looks, while Ermanno Scervino followed suit, focusing on the lower lash line for an edgier look.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- Lionel Messi Rated Best Player by Algorithm, Cristiano Ronaldo Tied at 25th Spot
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles
- Couple in Tamil Nadu Receives Bouquet of Onions from Friends at Their Wedding