Belt Your Sari, Ditch The Petticoat: 5 Ways You Can Give Saris a Stylish Spin
Flaunt your saris in different ways other than the traditional style.
Image: Instagram/ Sonam Kapoor
New Delhi: Flaunt your saris in different ways other than the traditional style. Replace the blouse with a chic crop top or add a belt for added style, suggest experts.
Bhavya Chawla, Chief Stylist at Voonik and Yashodhara Shroff, Director and founder at Styletag.com have given tips on how you can stylise your six-yard wonder in innovative ways:
* Ditch traditional blouse for a crop top: Pair a funky crop top with your sari. Choose from polka dotted prints or monochrome colours and Aztec prints and flaunt your midriff in these hot picks. You can also switch to peplums.
* Top it with jackets or shirts: Sport an embroidered, velvet, denim or collared jacket with sari. Try coverall jackets and sheer printed shirts to look trendy.
Pick a heavily embroidered jacket and team it with a plain sari or a collared jacket like the Victorian ruffled high collar style to dazzle in the traditional attire.
* Belt your sari: Using the right belt can make you look classy in a sari. Look for a metal waist belt or an embellished one in leather or fabric that can be worn a little above your waistline. Belts can give the sari a perfect structure and hold your pleats in place. The belt can save the pallu from sliding off as well.
* Ditch the sari petticoat: Team your sari with a pair of palazzos, dhoti pants or jeans to sport a modern look. Traditionally, a sari is draped over a petticoat, but play it up with these combinations to make a statement.
* Give away Kancheepuram silk or georgette and go denim: Instead of going for the regular sari fabrics like georgette and kancheepuram silk, try different fabrics like denim and make a style statement of your own.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Donald Trump Thought I was Actually Bruce Wayne, Says Christian Bale on Meeting the US Prez
- Raghu Ram of Roadies Ties the Knot With Natalie Di Luccio in a Stunning Beach Wedding, See Pics
- Flipkart Honor Days Sale: Discounts on Honor 10, Honor 9 Lite, Honor 9N And More
- US Tribunal to Review iPhone Import Ban, As Apple And Qualcomm Legal Dispute Continues
- These Pics Are Proof Suhana Khan Has Begun Working on Her Goal of Becoming an Actor, See Here
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s