Cartoonist Sudhir Dhar Dies at 87
Sudhir Dhar died on Tuesday morning after suffering a cardiac arrest, his family members said. He was 87.
Image: Sudhir Dhar/Instagram
New Delhi, Nov 26 (PTI) Renowned cartoonist Sudhir Dhar, whose works graced several newspapers in a career spanning 58 years, died on Tuesday morning after suffering a cardiac arrest, his family members said. He was 87.
Dhar began his career with The Statesman in 1961 after which he moved to Hindustan Times.
His cartoons have also appeared in The Independent, The Pioneer, Delhi Times, New York Times, Washington Post and Saturday Review among others.
Follow News18 Lifestyle for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- #AmbedkarLongLive: Twitter Fondly Remembers BR Ambedkar on His 63rd Death Anniversary
- Vikas Gupta Confirms Entry in Bigg Boss 13 with New Instagram Post?
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- I-League 2019-20: NEROCA FC Host Northeast Rivals Aizawl FC in First Home Game