Cheap Seats on American Airlines Now Come With Free Carry-on Allowance
Passengers will be allowed one piece of free carry-on in addition to one personal item on domestic and short-haul international basic economy fares.
File photo of American Airlines airplane. (Image: AFP)
American Airlines has eased up on carry-on baggage policies for its cheapest tier of seats in a bid to remain competitive with other more flexible carriers.
The US carrier announced that as of September 5, passengers will be allowed one piece of free carry-on in addition to one personal item on domestic and short-haul international basic economy fares.
Currently, flyers must pay to check any bags, and full-sized carry-on bags are not allowed with the basic economy ticket with the exception of a personal bag or backpack.
The move brings American Airlines in line with Delta Air Lines which allows one free carry-on for its basic economy tickets.
However, Delta also advises that overhead bin space is limited and that bags may be checked at the gate, at no extra cost.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Coming Out of Closet is Better Than Hiding My Relationship: Dutee Chand
- Netflix Teases Breaking Bad Film 'El Camino' Sans Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul
- Jio Effect: Airtel May Offer Free Android STB, HD LED TV with Broadband, DTH Plans
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce