Christian Louboutin's Beauty Line Is Inspired By Kathakali
Kathakali gets more recognition.
Image for representational purpose only (Reuters)
Fashion designer Christian Louboutin says a part of his beauty line is inspired by Indian classical dance form Kathakali because he loves everything about Indian culture.
The 54-year-old, who joined forces with brand Batallure Beauty LLC in 2012 to launch his cosmetics collection, which he has since expanded to include a lipstick, nail polish as well as an eye make-up range, says that Kathakali has influenced him to a great extent.
"I love all aspects of Indian culture. In fact, my new eye make-up collection was inspired by the Indian dance, Kathakali," Louboutin told ES magazine.
Known for designing footwear with the signature red sole, Louboutin is currently working on a new project in Mumbai, India, with Indian designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee, whom he calls a "great friend".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- The Sky Is Pink Early Reviews: Priyanka Chopra Film Gets 4-minute Standing Ovation at TIFF
- BSNL Rs 777 Broadband Plan Gets You 50 Mbps Speed And 500GB Data
- Malaika Arora Poses in Black Sequin Jumpsuit, Sizzles Like Star Girl Even at 45
- Sara Ali Khan Gets Papped Outside Rumoured Boyfriend Kartik Aaryan's House
- A Pakistani Pop-Singer is Facing Legal Action for Threatening PM Modi with Snakes