Christian Louboutin's Beauty Line Is Inspired By Kathakali
Kathakali gets more recognition.
Image for representational purpose only (Reuters)
Fashion designer Christian Louboutin says a part of his beauty line is inspired by Indian classical dance form Kathakali because he loves everything about Indian culture.
The 54-year-old, who joined forces with brand Batallure Beauty LLC in 2012 to launch his cosmetics collection, which he has since expanded to include a lipstick, nail polish as well as an eye make-up range, says that Kathakali has influenced him to a great extent.
"I love all aspects of Indian culture. In fact, my new eye make-up collection was inspired by the Indian dance, Kathakali," Louboutin told ES magazine.
Known for designing footwear with the signature red sole, Louboutin is currently working on a new project in Mumbai, India, with Indian designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee, whom he calls a "great friend".
Recommended For You
- Wong Kar-Wai's New Film 'Blossoms' will be a Follow-Up to 'In The Mood for Love' and '2046'
- Karan Johar: It’s My Prerogative to Talk About My Life, My Sexuality, My Orientation
- Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt Perform Most Romantic Dance at an Event And Fans Are Swooning Over
- Hasan Minhaj Schools Shashi Tharoor in Millenial Words Quiz and it's Priceless
- Silvery Space Shield: Scientists Have Found a Way To Fight Super-bugs in Space
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s