Culture Minister Inaugurates Tribal & Northeast Art Conclave
Mahesh Sharma applauds the creativity of the tribal communities.
A representative picture of Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma.
National Tribal and North East Conclave-2017, which aims to celebrate and study the tribal as well as the north-eastern culture, was inaugurated by here on Wednesday by Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Mahesh Sharma.
Applauding the creativity of the tribal communities, as also of the artists from the northeast region, Sharma said the Conclave is a unique artistic event representing the important schools of Indian tribal art, alongside other art genres. He wished them success in their creative endeavours.
Organised by the Lalit Kala Akademi, the conclave features more than a dozen forms of tribal art. Most of these artists have showcased their art forms at Festivals of India held abroad and distinguished platforms elsewhere.
Some of the noteworthy forms on view are Cheriyal painters from Telangana, southern miniature paintings, Patachitra art from Odisha, fresco paintings from Rajasthan, as also Bhil, Mina works, and paintings on leather by artists from Andhra Pradesh.
The event includes demonstrations of folk traditions that allow visitors to gauge the in-depth sourcing of their output.
The seven-day conclave will conclude on April 4.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Spider-Man Tom Holland Accidentally Uploads Entire Avengers: Endgame on Twitter? Deets Inside
- Soni Review: Netflix's New Movie is Quiet but Powerful Take on Gender Politics in Police Force
- Amitabh Bachchan: I'm Alive Today Because of Bal Thackeray
- What is Data Colonization, And Why we in India Need to Rework The Policies in Place
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s