Delhiites Looking To Marry Outside Community: Survey
Community is not an important factor for Delhiites.
Delhi stays true to its cosmopolitan nature when it comes to relationship choices, reveals a survey.
Data of matchmaking service www.shaadi.com has revealed interesting details about marriage preferences of singles in the NCR region.
The data revealed that singles want to get married within the same religion, but community is not an important factor, read a statement.
The data highlights that 96 percent singles would like a partner from the same religion.
However, this disparity reduces when it comes to community preferences, with only 58 percent singles saying they prefer their own community whereas 42 percent were community agnostic.
With gradual changes in our culture and increased exposure, similar occupation is no longer a preference when looking for a life partner.
User data reveals that 83 percent singles are looking for a partner from a different occupation.
Additionally, Delhiites are looking to get married outside the city. As many as 79 percent of the users prefer a partner from a city apart from Delhi.
Overall, the data reveals that there is a gradual shift in mindsets with singles playing a more active role towards marriage.
"Marriage is no longer as traditional an affair as it used to be. The driver of the process of finding a right partner has changed from family to self, and with this, expectations from a future partner have also changed," Gourav Rakshit, CEO, Shaadi.com, said in a statement.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Shares BTS Video of Her Moving into Her Own Home in New YouTube Vlog
- Neena Gupta, Gajraj Rao Meet in London, She Says ‘Jahan Main Jaati Hu Wahi Chale Aate Ho’
- Meet ‘Khoj,’ the Most Expensive Member of CISF’s Dog Squad for Protecting Delhi Metro
- Amazon Beauty Presents Vanity Diaries | Episode 3- Discover Tamannaah’s Love For Bling And Everything In Between
- MG Hector SUV Bookings Suspended Temporarily, 21000 Cars Booked Till Now