Designers Not Exploring Sustainability: Nikhil Thampi
Ace designer Nikhil Thampi talks about the possibility of sustainable fashion in the luxury segment.
Representative Image: Getty Images
Fashion guru Nikhil Thampi, whose creations have been flaunted by celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Katrina Kaif, says designers aren't experimenting with the idea of sustainability.
"My clothes are sustainable. It sustains over years, that's the sustainable angle for my label," Thampi told IANS when asked about the possibility of sustainable fashion in the luxury segment.
"It's an interesting idea and I think designers aren't experimenting with the idea of sustainability. That's something a designer should definitely try to make sustainable fabrics into luxury product," said the designer, who participated in Luxury Lifestyle Weekend (LLW) 2019.
The three-day lifestyle event, organised by Magnanimous Group, was opened on February 22 at Reliance Jio Garden at Bandra Kurla Complex here. The event showcased over 150 international and Indian luxury lifestyle brands and engaged guests in unique, interactive sessions and sensory experiences.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Preorders Are Already Sold Out on Amazon And Flipkart
- Why Are Apps on Your iPhone Requesting For Bluetooth? iOS 13 Reveals The Secrets
- An Apple Watch Saved This Man’s Life by Calling For Help After a Bad Fall
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year