Director Rima Das to Turn Showstopper for Tara Bhuyan's 'Woven Dreams of Assam'
Rima Das's Assamese feature film Bulbul Can Sing received a Special Mention at the Berlin International Film Festival 2019.
File photo of Rima Das. (Image: Facebook)
National Award-winning filmmaker Rima Das, best known for her movies Village Rockstars and Bulbul Can Sing, will turn showstopper for designer Tara Bhuyan at a fashion event.
Das will flaunt a creation from Bhuyan's 'Woven Dreams of Assam' collection at the Bridal and Cocktail Wear 2019 show in Gurugram on March 1.
"I was very excited when Tara came to me to be the showstopper for her maiden show in India. Even the outfit which I would be wearing has been chosen by me. It would be an evening gown in muga silk, embellished with Swarovski crystals," Das said in a statement.
The collection will comprise materials woven on a natural colour palette, with zari brocade work with exotic motifs and rich hues of the northeast.
Das's movie Village Rockstars was India's official entry to Oscars this year for the best foreign language film category, but it got out of the race. Her Assamese feature film Bulbul Can Sing also received a Special Mention at the Berlin International Film Festival recently.
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors