Dressing and Style Tips for the Working Man
A crisp white shirt is the building block of every man's wardrobe.
Representative Image: Reuters
At a time when everyone is struggling to get the best jobs, looking well groomed can definitely be a plus-point. From choosing the right outfits to taking care of your appearance, experts suggest how to look your best without trying too hard.
Gillette expert and celebrity hair-stylist Aalim Hakim and renowned image consultant Suman Agarwal come up with the essentials to be job-ready
* Ace the suit: Your first impression is always a lasting impression, hence, focus on power dressing for success. So, either opt for pure business formals that exude professionalism or smart casuals known to be a combination of casual and business attire.
* Smarten up: Among many facets that contribute to a person's overall positive personality is his appearance. A heavily bearded face is a strict no-no so groom your beard. Ensure that all sides are properly shaved with minimal facial hair. Shave the sideburns and do not leave them unkempt -- the ideal size of the sideburn is that it should not cross the mid-ear. Rest assured, it will be a smooth shave early morning, avoiding any nicks and cuts. An aftershave is a must
* De-accessorise: Move over your daily college accessories because anything loud and flashy can be a major turn off while also creating a distraction. Wearing hand-bands and unwanted accessory tends to send across unprofessional vibes.
* Personal hygiene: Body hygiene is an important aspect which cannot be ignored. You will directly be shown the way out if you have a bad body or mouth odor. That does not mean that you apply a full blast of deodorant -- some light scented deo/perfume which smells good should work well.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football