Dressing Ethics For A Job Interview
When it comes to dressing for an interview, avoid going overboard with loud and bright colours that can sometimes be distracting.
(Photo: Reuters/Image for representation)
Dress in a manner that is professionally appropriate to the position for which you are applying. Avoid loud colours and make sure you iron your clothes before going for an interview, suggest experts.
Salesh Grover, Business Head at OSL Luxury Collections Pvt. Ltd-Corneliani, and Ishaan Sachdeva, Director at Alberto Torresi, have listed tips:
* Dress conventionally: When it comes to dressing for an interview, avoid going overboard with loud and bright colours that can sometimes be distracting. Instead stick to basic colours such as black, white, grey, navy blue and brown.
* Prepare well in advance: Deciding what to wear at least a day prior and getting it ironed is a good idea. There is nothing more pleasing than a neatly ironed, well creased outfit.
* Full sleeves shirt: Going for a light coloured full sleeves shirt with dark coloured suit or vice-versa, is the best option to wear for an interview.
* Choose wisely: After clothes, shoes are the next important thing that portrays your personality, hence remember to choose them wisely. Always opt for some formal pairs like oxfords and brogues in classic tones of black and tan while going for an interview to come across as poised and self-assured person.
* Colour coordinate your accessories: Being colour coordinated is the new trend, so pick the shoes that are not too funky and match the colour of your belt.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Recalls Romancing Many Girls at Railway Stations
- Kapil Sharma Trolled for Issuing Appeal in Support of Punjab Flood Victims Only
- BWF World Championships: PV Sindhu Beats Chen Yu Fei to Storm into Third Successive Final
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce