Drones Replaced Models at Dolce & Gabbana's Milan Fashion Week Show; Watch Video
A bunch of literal drones carried designer bags down a runway.
Representative Image: Getty Images
Church chants welcomed guests with the gates of heaven used as a background to the catwalk. “Fashion Devotion” read a golden sign over golden gates and a flurry of angels and clouds.
At the show’s start, bells chimed, the gates opened and drones flew out, carrying the brand’s handbags down the catwalk.
According to a report, audience members were asked to turn off the Wi-Fi on their phones before the show began, so as not to interfere with the drones.
The drones' appearance was accompanied by a Kendrick Lamar song - 'All The Stars' - while men and women wearing white lab coats walked alongside the aircraft with remote controls. Check out this video:
The future of fashion is here... With @dolcegabbana @stefanogabbana 😍 - You can visit @dolcegabbana at the following destinations: @thedubaimall @malloftheemirates @thegalleriauae at @almaryahisland 🇦🇪 _ #dolce #dg #dolcegabbana #drone #dgdrone #almaryahisland #dubaimall #mallofemirates #themallofemirates #thedubaimall #dubaidowntown #abudhabi #myabudhabi #mydubai #inabudhabi #amazingabudhabi #simplydubai #simplyabudhabi #uae
Real models soon followed, displaying the collection's church theme, with simultaneously devout and deviant pieces. Spiritual symbolism, from cherubs to angel wings, adorned dresses and coats, while angelic, glittering garments alternated with devilish black lace. One suit even featured a priest inspired collar, and some tees and trousers were emblazoned with slogans like "Fashion Devotion" and "Fashion Sinner."
With Agency Inputs from Reuters*
Recommended For You
- YouTube No Longer a Competition to Netflix, Amazon; Cancels Expensive Hollywood Shows: Report
- Superstar Mahesh Babu's Madame Tussauds Wax Statue Unveiled, Flown from Singapore to Hyderabad for Fans
- Dhoni Review System: Twitter Roasts Dinesh Karthik For Wrong DRS Call in KKR vs SRH Match
- Jawa to Auction Motorcycles to Raise Funds for Armed Forces Ahead of Deliveries
- As Apple Embarks on The Services Era, Its Biggest Competition Isn’t Netflix But Amazon Prime
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s