Eminem Makes History with Eighth Consecutive Album to Debut at No. 1
The Billboard 200 chart tracks album popularity in the US using measures of album sales, track sales and streaming.
Image courtesy: REUTERS/Andrew Kelly
Eminem has become the first artist to have eight consecutive no. 1 albums on the Billboard 200 chart with the release of his latest LP, Revival.
Billboard announced the rapper's record-breaking feat, reporting that Revival had sold 267,000 equivalent album units during the week ending December 21, according to Nielsen Music. Of those, 197,000 were in traditional album sales. The Billboard 200 chart tracks album popularity in the US using measures of album sales, track sales and streaming. The chart on which Eminem's number one debut appears will be posted to the Billboard site.
On Revival, which dropped December 15, Eminem takes on politics and collaborates with Beyonce, Ed Sheeran, Alicia Keys and P!nk. Prior to Revival, he earned no. 1 debuts with, from newest to oldest, The Marshall Mathers LP 2 (2013), Recovery (2010), Relapse (2009), Curtain Call: The Hits (2005), Encore (2004), The Eminem Show (2002) and The Marshall Mathers LP (2000).
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022
- Lego Shoes, Robo Dog and Vegan Meat: The Quirkiest Finds at Alibaba's Taobao Maker Festival
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark