Exclusive Handcrafted Jewellery Showcased By CCIC
Add a little bling!
Representative image (GETTY IMAGES)
From kundan and silver jewellery of Rajasthan to the pearls of Hyderabad, the ongoing jewellery exhibition-cum-sale "Abhushan" brings an exquisite collection of handcrafted pieces.
Organised at the Central Cottage Industries Corporation of India (CCIC) at Janpath, the exhibition showcases some of antique jewellery as well as contemporary crafted pieces.
Starting from Rs 1,500 and going up to Rs 40 000, Abhushan offers a wide range of exclusive statement jewellery pieces in ethnic silver, gold plated silver, pearls, semi-precious stones, lac and temple jewellery.
"We want to promote Indian craftsmanship and present their creations with a view to increase awareness about handcrafted jewellery, to a wider audience," Anubha Marwa, Deputy Manager, CCIC, told IANS.
"Like the 'Thewa' gold jewellery from Rajasthan has been specially crafted by Padma awardee artist Mahesh Soni. There were some new collections, specially those which are from Gujarat and these pieces are very carefully handcrafted," Marwa added.
The exhibition presents some exclusive range of neck pieces with variety of designs, from heavy pieces to light weight ones. There are also huge collection of earrings -- jhumkas, studs, chandelier, drop and hoops.
There are also anklets and bead bracelets.
The exhibition is on till February 15.
Recommended For You
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Is 'Radiant in Red' in Her latest Instagram Pics from Doha
- Archana Puran Singh on Replacing Navjot Singh Sidhu on The Kapil Sharma Show: It's A possibility
- Gully Boy Faces Major Drop As It Inches Closer to Rs 100 Cr Mark, Uri on 'Miraculous Run'
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Vs Apple iPhone XS Max: Which is The Ultimate Flagship Phone?
- Google Built a Microphone in The Nest Secure, And Then Forgot to Mention That to Anyone Buying it
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s