Farah Khan, Chef Vikas Khanna Organise Sanitary Pads For Female Migrant Workers
Farah Khan, who is observing self-isolation in Mumbai, and Vikas Khanna, currently residing in New York, had been discussing the plight of women migrant workers over the phone before taking the decision.
credits - IANS
Filmmaker Farah Khan Kunder and chef Vikas Khanna have collaborated to donate 72,000 sanitary pads to women migrant workers.
Farah, who is observing self-isolation in Mumbai, and Vikas, currently residing in New York, had been discussing the plight of women migrant workers over the phone before taking the decision.
Talking about the initiative, Farah said: "In times of uncertainty and distress, it is such a relief to know that there are people who are willing to put the needs of others ahead of their own. I'm very proud of Vikas, who is managing the charitable work from New York."
Social distancing guidelines issued by the government are being followed while handing out the sanitary pads to the women.
Meanwhile, Vikas, impressed with Sonu Sood's efforts, has named a dish after the actor’s native village, Moga, in Punjab.
Sonu has been proactively helping migrants and the less privileged during the pandemic. He has arranged food for daily wage workers and is also helping them reach their villages amid the ongoing lockdown.
Follow @News18Lifestyle for more
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Mahesh Babu Masters Mirrorfie with Sitara, See Pic
- Fan Compares Sonu Sood to Amitabh Bachchan for Helping Migrants, Actor Has the Humblest Response
- Video of Hugh Jackman Doing a Furious Voice Over for Logan's Fight Sequence is Unmissable
- MS Dhoni's Wife Sakshi Lashes Out at Fans Speculating on Retirement Rumours
- Mark Zuckerberg Got Schooled for Slamming Twitter as They Fact-checked Donald Trump