Cake Walk: Sweden Wins European Pastry Cup 2018
Held in Turin, Italy, seven countries from Europe battled it out in the real-life kitchen stadium, for a place on this year's podium and a chance to compete at the grand finale in Lyon next year.
Team Sweden's chocolate sculpture at the European Pastry Cup 2018 (Image: AFP Relaxnews/Instagram)
Sweden can claim bragging rights to being the best bakers in Europe, after winning the European Pastry Cup over the weekend.
Held in Turin, Italy, seven countries from Europe battled it out in the real-life kitchen stadium, for a place on this year's podium and a chance to compete at the grand finale in Lyon next year. Competing teams had five hours to create two fruit desserts; 10 plated desserts; a sugar sculpture; and a sculpture made of chocolate.
Team Sweden, made up of Jessica Sandberg and Martin Morand, were declared the champions for their creations themed around Mother Nature.
Rounding out the podium are Belgium and Switzerland. Turkey, Russia, Poland and Bulgaria also competed. The Finale of the Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie (World Pastry Cup) will be held in Lyon, January 2019.
Recommended For You
- Game of Thrones S8 Creates History, Earns Record Number of Emmy Nominations Despite Backlash
- Why is The OxygenOS 9.5.9 Not Available For Many OnePlus 7 Pro Users in India Even Now?
- Rakul Preet Backs Manmadhudu 2 Smoking Scene: Smoking in Kabir Singh Doesn’t Make Shahid Smoker
- OnePlus 7 And OnePlus 7 Pro Get New Discount and Exchange Deals on Amazon After Prime Day Sale Ends
- Mumbai Police Flaunts 'Khaki Swag' after #SareeTwitter Trends on Social Media