Drake to Open Sushi Restaurant in Hometown Toronto
Drake is opening his second restaurant, a sushi bar, in his hometown of Toronto
(Image courtesy: AFP Relaxnews)
New details have been revealed on Drake's sophomore restaurant in Toronto, thanks to a posting published on an industry job board. Apparently, the rapper's second Toronto restaurant will serve sushi and will be called Pick 6ix, reports local BlogTO. The restaurant is currently looking for an experienced sushi chef. Though the Facebook posting has since been taken down, it appears that the restaurant will also be managed by the former executive chef of The Shore Club, Angel Aaron Sevilla.
In August, eagle-eyed fans were quick to notice the rapper's signature owl insignia on a stretch of signage located at Yonge and Wellington Streets in the city's Financial District, leading to speculation of either a sports bar or restaurant. Pick 6 is a sports term used in horse betting and American football. The restaurant is the latest business venture for the Canadian rapper. This past summer, Drake also opened a flagship store for his brand OVO (October's Very Own) at a major shopping mall in the city, Yorkdale Shopping Mall. The store sells apparel like sweaters, shoes, hats, water bottles and lighters.
In 2015, the rapper partnered with local celebrity chef Susur Lee to open his debut restaurant Fring's. Along with a line of American whiskey called Virginia Black, he is also an investor in a line of premium Matcha drinks from the brand MatchaBar for Whole Foods.
Recommended For You
- 'Coronavirus Over?' Masks and Sanitizers Have Been Removed from 'Essential Commodities'
- Karan Patel Aces Rishabh Bajaj's Look in Latest Kasautii Zindagii Kay Promo
- There are Bad People in Industry Who Plan Your Failure: Raveena Tandon on Nepotism
- Sachin Tendulkar Was Scared to Face Shoaib Akhtar, Looked Scared Against Saeed Ajmal Too: Shahid Afridi
- England vs West Indies | Don't Think Windies Can Last Five Days Against England: Brian Lara