French Chef Michel Troisgros Leads Top 100 Chefs Ranking
Troisgros earned the biggest respect of his peers, taking the top spot in the fourth edition of the awards for the culinary excellence.
Michel Troisgros, Maison Troisgros (Photo courtesy: AFP Relaxnews/ Le Chef)
Michel Troisgros, of the storied Maison Troisgros restaurant in southwest France, has been voted this year's top chef by his fellow Michelin-starred colleagues, in an international survey which was revealed in Monaco on Sunday.
Organized by the French industry magazine "Le Chef," the 2018 edition of the "100 Chefs" list asked 552 international chefs who hold two to three Michelin stars to name the five chefs they believe represent the best of the profession, create the most influential cuisine, and helm a must-visit restaurant.
Winners were announced at the Chefs World Summit in Monaco Sunday night.
This year, Troisgros earned the biggest respect of his peers, taking the top spot in the fourth edition of the awards for the culinary excellence he performs at Maison Troisgros, holder of three Michelin stars.
After more than 85 years, holding court as one of France's most illustrious dining institutions opposite the Roanne train station, Maison Troisgros began a new chapter earlier this year and moved a few kilometers to a nearby commune of Ouches.
The restaurant has held three Michelin stars since 1968. Michel Troisgros is the third-generation chef to continue its gastronomic legacy.
Overall, France dominates the list, taking 41 spots on the top 100 list.
France boasts a healthy lead ahead of its nearest rivals, with Spain and Japan represented by 10 chefs each and tying for second.
For the first time this year, Norway cracked the list with chef Esben Holmboe Bang getting nods from his colleagues for his triple Michelin-starred Oslo restaurant Maaemo.
Previous winners include Alain Passard, Michel Bras and Pierre Gagnaire.
Here are the top 10 chefs on the list:
1. Michel TROISGROS - MAISON TROISGROS - France
2. Yannick ALLENO - ALLENO PARIS - France
3. Joan ROCA - EL CELLER DE CAN ROCA - Spain
4. Arnaud DONCKELE - RESIDENCE DE LA PINEDE - France
5. Pierre GAGNAIRE - RESTAURANT PIERRE GAGNAIRE - France
6. Emmanuel RENAUT - FLOCONS DE SEL - France
7. Enrico CRIPPA - PIAZZA DUOMO - Italy
8. Pascal BARBOT - L'ASTRANCE - France
9. Seiji YAMAMOTO - NIHONRYORI RYUGIN - Japan
10. Alain DUCASSE - PLAZA ATHENEE - France
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swara Bhasker Taking Off Her Heels on the IIFA Green Carpet is Basically All of Us
- Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Taimur Forget Way to Pataudi Palace, Locals Catch Them for Selfies
- Priyanka Chopra Plans the Perfect Birthday Outing for Nick Jonas
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get