Keep Your Body Cool This Summer with These Simple Kitchen Hacks
These simple tips tell you how to beat the heat this summer
Stock up on onions this summer season (Image courtesy: Reuters)
Stock up onions, limes and eggs in your kitchen in summer as they help cool down your body naturally, say experts. Chef Ashish Massey at The Ancient Barbeque, and chef Sonu Negi share tips for keeping your body cool in summer:
* Keep your body hydrated. Drink plenty of water and try to add a glass of water half hour before every meal. This helps in easy digestion of food.
* Have fruits in the morning and try to avoid fruits in the night as the sugar level of the fruits keeps you energetic and is absorbed in day more as compared to night.
* Add lemon or lime to your meal. Bright sunshine in the summer leads to a loss of vitamins and makes the skin dry and dull. Lemons are also rich in vitamin-C, which helps to keep your skin healthy.
* Onions have amazing cooling properties. You can add them to your curries, dips, raitas, salads and chutneys to help keep you cool. The red onions, in particular, are very rich in quercetin, which is a natural anti-allergen. Having lots of onions can also provide you protection against sunstroke.
* Mint is a simple, easily available herb which you can add to your curd to make pudina raita or have in the form of chutneys, besides using it in dips. The best thing about it is that you can grow it in a small pot at home for your use. Though it does not help bring down the body temperature, it is refreshing to eat.
* Eat two boiled eggs daily as breakfast as it is the best and easy available form of protein in the market. Egg is rich in protein and good carbohydrates and is fast digestible food.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Unseen Pictures From Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput's Wedding Surface, See Here
- 'This is a Joke Right?' Trump Wrote a Bizarre Letter to Turkey and Twitter Had a Lot of Memes
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it