Triple Michelin-starred Basque Chef Opens his First Restaurant in Asia
Eneko Atxa, the triple-starred Michelin Basque cuisine chef has opened his first Asian restaurant in Tokyo
Chef Eneko Atxa (Image courtesy: AFP Relaxnews)
The flavors of Basque country have alighted in Tokyo, where triple Michelin-starred chef Eneko Atxa of Azurmendi fame has just opened his first restaurant in Asia. Located in a quiet corner of Roppongi in Tokyo, Eneko Tokyo seeks to become "an ambassador of Basque cuisine" in Japan. Like its sibling outposts in London and Bilbao, Eneko Tokyo will cater to local taste buds, in this case by using Japanese ingredients that reflect the four seasons.
Less formal than Azurmendi -- which boasts three Michelin stars and titles like the best restaurant in Europe (Opinionated About Dining 2015) and the world's best restaurant 2017 (Elite Traveler) -- Eneko restaurants serve modern, inventive Basque dishes. Eneko Tokyo is described as a Basque bistro that will offer two different tasting menu options for both lunch and dinner. Diners will start their meal on the courtyard patio with a picnic basket laden with gourmet snacks and amuse-bouche, and then proceed to the dining room for their main meal.
The courtyard will be open from spring to autumn. The dining room seats 44 guests and features an open kitchen.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough