Give Your Home a Twist with Soft Furnishings
Here's how you can make your home decor look complete and trendy by just making some few furnishing changes.
Image: Getty Images
Lifting the look of your house can be easy with a change or two in soft furnishings. Play around with a rug or throw in cushions to style it well, suggest experts.
Rashi, Founder, Carpet Couture, has the following tips to share:
Style the windows:
The windows are the eyes of the home, letting in light and confining the world outside. Try and pick trendy curtains for your windows — for example, strong textures or wild examples, Venetian blinds or manor screens.
Make a statement with a rug:
Your eyes will normally be attracted to walls and furniture, but did you realise that a carpet/rug can truly integrate the room? Pick something that you can manage the cost of. Only buy if you adore it. A rug encompasses the furniture arrangement and makes the decor look complete. Important points to note while selecting a rug are size, colours, texture and most importantly, its maintenance.
In case you are becoming weary of a plain, uninviting room, a simple method to add positivity is by introducing some cushions or throws.
Revive a favourite sofa or chair:
We all have that one most loved household item that we just couldn't stand to dispose off. Regardless of whether it's a legacy wingback seat or a comfortable Chesterfield couch, there's no requirement for a substitution. Pick squashed velvet, an extravagant print or much calfskin - maybe pick something swanky to make the thing emerge significantly more to give a special style to your living room.
Sameer A.M, Founder and CEO, Bonito Designs, suggests:
* One of the easiest things to look for while decorating is curtains, things you might have already stashed away in your cupboards. There are plenty of things already in your home you may not have considered wall-worthy. Take another look at curtains, scarves and fabrics you've collected and use one large, or several smaller pieces by hanging them on a rod or directly onto the wall with small hooks sewn onto the back.
* Complementary bed linens accentuate the decor. A printed bedspread really uplifts a space when it comes to décor.
* Pile on the pillows, and don't shy away from mixing patterns. This is one of the easiest ways to accessorize and brighten a room, whether you buy them or make your own. Combine large prints with small ones, geometrics and florals. Bright, fuller pillows in varying colours and textures, blend different groupings. However, one should be careful not to go overboard.
* Another quick hack to make a throw pillow seem so much more luxurious is to replace the original insides with a feather insert. They will look and feel so much better than foam.
* Using objects such as musical instruments and album covers makes a fitting display in your living room - particularly when hung together in a grouping or salon arrangement. Choose matching frames to bring it all together for a cohesive look.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Rides Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 to Promote State Tourism
- Mohena Kumari Singh is Radiant as a Royal Bride at Her Traditional Rajput Wedding, See Pics
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing