Hanuman Jayanti: Know The Importance And 5 Life Lessons to Learn From Lord Hanuman
Celebrated on the 15th day of the Shukla Paksha in the month of Chaitra, Hanuman Jayanti is an important Hindu festival.
Photo courtesy: Reuters
Hanuman Jayanti commemorates the birth of Lord Hanuman, believed to be the Lord Shiva's incarnation. Celebrated on the 15th day of the Shukla Paksha in the month of Chaitra, Hanuman Jayanti is an important Hindu festival.
According to scriptures, Lord Hanuman is the son of Anjana and Kesari and is also described as the son of the wind-god Pawan. Believed to be one of the Chiranjivi (immortal), Hanuman has been known for his unflinching devotion to Rama.
Devotees offer sindoor tilak on the idol of Lord Hanuman at temples on this day.
Importance of Hanuman Chalisa
Hanuman Chalisa is an ode to the greatness of Hanuman. The poem describes the strength, generosity, intelligence, devotion towards Lord Rama and valor of Lord Hanuman.
It is believed that chanting Hanuman Chalisa brings positive energy and strength.
5 Life lessons to learn from Hanuman Chalisa:
1. Not just physical strength, but even strength of mind is also important.
2. It is believed that Lord Hanuman can change form. He teaches us to adapt to situations.
3. One should help out friends in need like Lord Hanuman helps Sugriva.
4. Never let power corrupt you. One should stay humble and have a compassionate heart.
5. One should fulfill their task with commitment.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Streaming Now: Watch Out For The Priyanka Chopra-produced Firebrand on Netflix
- Real-Life Rare Black Panther Found Near 'Wakanda' May Not Be The First Sighting In 100 Years
- AddArmor Escalade Bulletproof Vehicle Can Withstand AK-47 Bullets - Watch Video
- Will Smith Is Blown Away By Ranveer Singh's Gully Boy, Posts a Video in Praise of the Actor
- Zarina Wahab to Play Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Mother in His Biopic, Barkha Bisht to Play His Wife
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s