Kate Spade New York Focuses On Suicide Prevention With $1 million Donation
The accessories brand, whose founder and namesake Kate Spade committed suicide earlier this month, will make the donations through its charitable Kate Spade New York Foundation, it announced on Wednesday on Good Morning America.
FILE PHOTO: Kate Spade (REUTERS Fiel Photo)
The accessories brand, whose founder and namesake Kate Spade committed suicide earlier this month, will make the donations through its charitable Kate Spade New York Foundation, it announced on Wednesday on Good Morning America. It will begin by donating $250,000 to the confidential messaging service Crisis Text Line, and has also pledged to match any public donations to the service up to the tune of an additional $100,000, from June 20 through June 29. The remaining beneficiaries have yet to be announced.
in honor of our company founder, kate spade, our foundation is donating over $1 million to suicide prevention and mental health awareness causes, starting with $250,000 to the @crisistextline. from june 20 through june 29, 2018, the kate spade new york foundation will also match public donations made to the crisis text line, up to the amount of $100,000. to make your donation, please go to crisistextline.org/katespadeny. thank you for your generosity and support.
"Kate Spade was a true fashion icon who brought joy to the lives of women around the world, and inspired women to live life to the fullest," Anna Bakst, CEO of Kate Spade New York, told ABC News in a statement. "We are dedicated to carrying on her legacy."
Spade, who launched her iconic accessories label in 1993, died on June 5. She had sold her majority stake in the brand, known for its signature brightly-colored handbags, in 1999 and was no longer directly associated with the company -- now owned by luxury conglomerate Tapestry -- at the time of her death.
Recommended For You
- Trump-Putin Meeting: Russian Presidential Limo Aurus Senat Makes International Debut in Helsinki
- Deepika Padukone's Heartfelt Comment on Katrina Kaif's Birthday Picture Leaves Their Fans in Awe
- Rita Bhaduri Passes Away: She Was My Closest Competitor in FTII But It Didn't Colour Our Friendship, Says Azmi
- Rolls-Royce Unveils Hybrid Flying Taxi in Collaboration with Aston Martin, Joins Uber, Google
- Shah Rukh Khan's Reply to Why He Got Married to Gauri So Early is Winning the Internet