Trying Pilates At Home? Follow Basics First
Most important principles of Pilates.
If you are a fitness addict and struggling to go to the gym every day, try Pilates at home. But first get some basics right.
Divangana Chawla, Physiotherapist at Prohealth Asia Physiotherapy and Rehab Centre, and Shriya Das, Pilates trainer from The Pilate Studio, dole out tips to get your Pilates right at home.
* Fundamentals of Pilates: Concentration, control, precision, breathing, and flow are some of the fundamentals of Pilates. Always practice control and never use momentum.
* Precision: One of the most important principles of Pilates is that 'practice makes it perfect'. Proper form is essential to gain the most from the Pilates exercises.
* Always start with the basics of Pilates: The basics are the foundations of Pilates. Never hesitate on going back to the basics even if you've reached your advanced levels.
* Always listen to your body: If something hurts then you're definitely doing something wrong - you should never feel pain while doing Pilates.
* Have your form corrected from time to time: Pilates when done correctly offers major fitness benefits like spinal mobility, better posture, flexibility, and body awareness.
* Maintain your neutral and flat spine wherever required.
* Complete your sets even with a break in between if tired.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Janhvi Kapoor Steps Out With Price Tag Attached to Outfit
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back