Here's How You Can Decorate Small Apartments Smartly
When it comes to small bedroom ideas, a variety of storage types can help maximize flexibility and help to take advantage of every nook and cranny.
Representative Image: AFP
To decorate a small living room, it is not necessary to use minimalistic décor items. One can brighten up the small space with limited accessories and make the most of it, say experts.
Punam Kalra, Creative Director of I'm, The Centre for Applied Arts and Ruchita Bansal, Creative Director and Founder, Izhaar list down some tips on how to decorate small apartments.
* To decorate a small living room, it is not necessary to use minimalistic décor items. One can brighten up the small space with limited accessories and make the most of it.
* The small spaces can be decked up with a curtain - depending on the mood it can be floral or classy, a smartly-placed table and chair in vintage style would be apt.
* You can also use a table that can work both as a desk and a dining table in tight space.
* Choose furnishings that offer maximum functionality in minimal space and lessen the need for having multiple storages.
* Bespoke built-ins and furniture according to your exact needs can utilize every available space effectively.
* When it comes to small bedroom ideas, a variety of storage types can help maximize flexibility and help to take advantage of every nook and cranny.
* White bedroom designs are a classic option that will never date. With the right accessories and soft furnishings, a white bedroom can still be a warm and inviting space for you to enjoy.
* The child's bedroom can feature bunk beds, sports throws and funky prints for pillows.
* Large floor tiles in a rich chocolate hue ground and add depth to space, and also help to visually expand the room. Another benefit of incorporating large-format tiles into your small bathroom is that they are easier to clean, as there are more tile and less grout to scrub.
* Glass wall combines elegant design exterior with the interior, as the overall look of the room makes it airy, bright and natural. The glass wall leaves a dramatic and lasting impression and allows the area to be literally bold and distinctive.
* Shelf space is very valuable in a small space. Add shelving to the top of your mantel affixed to the wall. It provides a seamless addition to the display space.
* Add pastel and soft-hued interiors since it reflects light it makes space look bigger, starting from bed-sheets to paint on the wall the colour selection makes a big impact.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- India vs West Indies 2019: Gavaskar 'Astonished' by Ashwin Exclusion
- Spotify Premium Now Available With 3 Months of Free Access for New Users
- World Badminton Championships: B Sai Praneeth Enter Quarters, HS Prannoy Loses