Here's How You Can Nail The Boho Look
Wearing a floppy and tanned hat can not only protect you from the sun, but also be a bohemian chic accessory.
Representative Image (Source: Anupamaa Dayal/Instagram)
Hunt for vintage pieces like flare pants, floral shirts or skirts in your mother's closet to get the boho look right, say experts.
Designer Divya Arora at Roop Vatika and designer Anuradha Ramam have shared a few inputs on how to carry a perfect boho look:
- Avoid neon as much as you can. Bright colours always attract more heat and light to your boho-chic outfit.
- Don't forget fringe bag and batik tote.
- Instead of wearing a scarf on your body, wrap it around your waist or head. It is a perfect way to add some dazzling style to your look and can even cover up a bad hair day.
- Wearing a floppy and tanned hat can not only protect you from the sun, but also be a bohemian chic accessory.
- Look into what your mother and grandmother's closets hold for you, something which didn't attract you a while ago might solve the purpose now. For instance, unique vintage pieces such as flare pants, floral shirts or skirts, halter tops or swing skirts are the basics of boho-chic look.
- Interestingly, the shawl/dupatta reserved for special occasions could be a great addition to your outfit. Look for beautiful ethnic prints and patterns such as ikat and accentuate your regular outfit with a touch of ethnicity. Layer the shawl on your shoulders, you could either knot it in the front or not.
- Make your tank top and bottoms more interesting by adding a colourful kimono or colours as basic as white and pastel to your basic outfit or dress. Pair up your kimono with a romper for the casual look.
- Even if you go with your favourite slim fit denims or with your summer dress, try layering it with a loose and long kimono, shrug, a printed jacket or a scarf to make it more appealing. Add the touch of femininity by layering loose layers over fitted outfit, the key here to balance the outfit.
- Vintage belts are the saviour to every plus size outfit or any flared dress or ankle length casual dresses.
- Bandanas can make the band skinny or wide, depending on your preference and can be tied around your neck or on your head. Pair your white boho blouse with a dungaree to make it extra comfy with an oversized boho bag.
- Embroidery is timeless. Known for the elegance, embroidery can make your outfit really come to life.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Party of Four on the Way: Lisa Haydon Announces Second Pregnancy with Adorable Post
- Here's Why Chris 'Thor' Hemsworth Wished Shamita Shetty on Her Birthday
- Hilarious 'Alag Alag' Memes from Ayushmann's 'Dream Girl' Trailer Bring Twitter Together
- A New Microchip Gives Obese People Electric Shocks Each Time They Think About Food
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead