Hydrate, Exfoliate, Moisturise: Tips To Take Care Of Your Skin This Winter
From moisturising your damp skin to keeping yourself hydrated can make your life easy during cold season.
This image is for representation purpose only.
New Delhi: Winter ushers in all things warm, cozy and festive but the season also demands extra skin care. From moisturising your damp skin to keeping yourself hydrated can make your life easy during cold season, says an expert.
Rashmi Shetty, an aesthetic physician and a renowned dermatologist, shares precise solutions to ride out the ill-effects of the impending winter.
* Keep yourself hydrated: The cold doesn't only dry out your skin, it attacks from within. Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated and healthy as it wards off all the toxins out of the system.
* Exfoliate your skin regularly: Use a scrub made of curd and sugar to gently exfoliate your body and remove the layer of dead cells formed on it. Curd is known as a wonderful exfoliator for the skin due to the presence of lactic acid that provides soothing and hydrating effect to the skin, making it supple and nourished. Sugar, on the other hand, is a natural source of glycolic acid that penetrates the skin and breaks down the 'glue' that bonds skin cells.
* Moisturise over damp skin: The key to glowing skin is moisturising from head to toe. Extra care and conditioning can help your skin brave the chill.
* Use a good sunscreen: During winters, most of us love basking in the mild heat of the sun to beat the chills. But, one common mistake that everyone makes is missing out on a sunscreen. The winters do not stop the UVA and UVB rays of the sun from harming your skin.
* Ideal method for hair removal: Waxing and use of creams are a complete no-no. Waxing is time-consuming as well as messy. On the contrary, shaving when done right is favoured and faster. Waxing is said to strip off essential oils and natural lipids that are crucial for keeping your skin smooth. It makes skin more susceptible to dryness and peeling.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Salman Khan Ousts Madhurima Tuli from Show
- Kai Po Che? Kite Strings in Gujarat Have Killed Over 150 Birds
- 'You Have Not Seen the Last of Us,' Says Greta Thunberg Ahead of World Economic Forum
- 'Standing is Hard': Jared Kushner's Time Magazine Cover Inspires Meme Fest on Twitter
- Virat Kohli Spotted Driving His New Audi Q8 SUV For the First Time