I Have off-and-on Relationship with Drugs, Says The Weeknd
"When I perform I'm completely sober and try not to even drink," said singer The Weeknd.
Singer The Weeknd says he has an "off-and-on" relationship with drugs, but they don't dictate his life.
The Grammy-winning musician has always been open about his affiliation to drugs and has also referenced the topic in his songs like "Often", "Rolling Stone", "The Zone", "Wicked Games" among others.
"I have an off-and-on relationship with it. It doesn't consume my life but occasionally helps me open up my mind, especially when I'm creating, but when I perform I'm completely sober and try not to even drink. I've learned to balance thanks to touring," The Weeknd told CR MEN magazine.
The 30-year-old singer, whose real name is Abel Makkonen Tesfaye, said he is a workaholic and it prevents him from feeling lonely.
"I spend most of my days alone now. I don't like to leave my house too much. It's a gift and a curse but it helps me give undivided attention to my work. I enjoy being a workaholic, I think, or I'm just addicted to it. Even when I'm not working I'm always somehow still working. It distracts from the loneliness, I guess," he said.
Follow News18 Lifestyle for more
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- This Electric HM Ambassador Rendered by DC2 Makes Us Wish it Was a Reality
- Nobody Can Stop Badshah from 'Copying' Bengali Folk Musician's Song in 'Genda Phool' and that's How it is
- Work From Home: If The Experiment Works, It Can Continue When The World is Better Again
- Man Lied about Coronavirus Symptoms to Meet Wife in Maternity Ward, Now She’s Sick
- COVID-19 Impact: Volkswagen India Reports 95 Per Cent Decline in March