I'm The Plus-Size Lingerie Girl, Says Ashley Graham
The 29-year-old, Ashley Graham, teamed up with fashion house Lane Bryant in 2010 because she "really wanted" to create an underwear collection and felt her fans would expect her to front the campaigns and design the garments, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
(Photo: Ashley Graham/Reuters)
Model Ashley Graham felt she was the ideal candidate to launch a plus-size lingerie line and star in campaigns for Lane Bryant because she thought her fans would expect her to.
Speaking to New York magazine about her career, Graham said: "Then I really wanted to design lingerie because I felt, 'I'm the plus-size lingerie girl. If people think about plus-size lingerie, they're going to think of me. How can I capitalize on that?' "
Graham has constantly been told she will never be a successful model, be a cover girl, and is "not good enough" for the industry.
Recommended For You
- It is Not Just a Cricket World Cup Match Between India and Pakistan. It is Something More.
- Fact Check: Did ‘Game of Thrones’ Copy Arya Stark Slaying the Night King Sequence from an Indian Show?
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- Last Hurrah: Mahindra Thar Signature Edition to Commemorate its First Generation
- #FactCheck: Did Super Mario Creator Really Tweet Picture of Mario and Luigi Kissing?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s