International Yoga Day 2020: Wishes and WhatsApp Messages to Share with Your Friends
The idea of International Yoga Day was proposed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his speech at the United Nations General Assembly, on 27 September 2014.
International Yoga Day 2020.
Since its inception in the year 2015, June 21 is celebrated as International Yoga Day in different parts of the world. The idea of International Yoga Day was proposed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his speech at the United Nations General Assembly, on 27 September 2014. The United Nations declared June 21 as the International Yoga Day on December 11, 2014.
With COVID-19 pandemic continuing to wreak havoc across the globe, the UN, keeping in mind social distancing measures, has adopted 'Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home' as this year's theme.
Here are 10 quotes on yoga to boost you.
1. Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self ― The Bhagavad Gita
2. When you inhale, you are taking the strength from God. When you exhale, it represents the service you are giving to the world. – BKS Iyengar
3. The yoga pose you avoid the most you need the most - Anonymous
4. Yoga is 99% practice and 1% theory - Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois
5. Yoga is the dance of every cell with the music of every breath that creates inner serenity and harmony – Debasish Mridha
6. Yoga happens beyond the mat, anything you do with attention to how you feel is doing yoga – Anonymous
7. Yoga is not a religion. It is a science, science of well-being, science of youthfulness, science of integrating body, mind, and soul – Amit Ray
8. When you listen to yourself, everything comes naturally. It comes from inside, like a kind of will to do something. Try to be sensitive. That is yoga – Petri Raisanen
9. Yoga does not always cure stress. It neutralizes it through increasing awareness and by changing self-perception – Debasish Mridha
10. Misery, like yoga, is not a competitive sport – Matt Haig
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Wanted to Pay Respect to Farmers with a Pic But Netizens Trolled Him
- Rajeev Moved Out, Flew to Delhi Few Days Before Our 1st Wedding Anniversary: Charu Asopa
- Ankita Lokhande Lights Diya on 1 Month Death Anniversary of Sushant Singh Rajput, See Pic
- Geetika Mehandru Replaces Jinal Jain As 'Ginni Bajwa' In Choti Sarrdaarni
- Burger King is Fighting Climate Change By Changing the Diet of Cows