Kareena-Saif, Hardik-Natasa to Welcome 'Coronial' Babies'
‘Coronial' is a term coined to describe babies born in the coronavirus times, in the wake of pandemic-induced lockdown and isolation.
Bollywood couple Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan are about to have a coronial baby, and so are Hardik Pandya and Natasa Stankovic, besides international celebrities like supermodel Gigi Hadid as well as rapper Nicki Minaj.
Before you jump to conclusions, this is not a new medical condition among pregnant women. Rather, ‘coronial' is a term that has been coined to describe babies born in the coronavirus times, in the wake of pandemic-induced lockdown and isolation.
According to urbandictionary.com, the 2020 pandemic forced isolation on the global population, which in turn catalysed what is known as the "COVID Thirst". The ensuing increase in birth rate is giving birth to a generation known as the coronials.
Indian netizens were introduced to this informal word when Kareena and Saif announced on Wednesday that they were expecting their second child as a couple.
"We are very pleased to announce that we are expecting an addition to our family !! Thank you to all our well-wishers for all their love and support. --Saif and Kareena," said the announcement issued on Wednesday afternoon by the star couple through their office.
The couple has a son, Taimur, who was born on December 20, 2016.
Recommended For You
- Say Her Name: Why Anti-Caste Activists are Using Hathras Rape Victim's Name to Seek Justice
- Women are Trying to Explain to Milind Soman Why 'Killing Rapists' Won't Stop Rape
- Neha Mehta Aka Anjali Bhabhi of Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma 'Ready' to Make Comeback on Show
- IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians Preview - Teams Eager for a Second Win
- IPL 2020: Dinesh Karthik Lauds Young Guns Mavi and Nagarkoti as KKR Beat Rajasthan in Dubai