Khadi Gives Employment To People: Designer Rajesh Pratap Singh
Khadi should be encouraged, says Rajesh pratap singh
Ace fashion designer Rajesh Pratap Singh, known for using handloom in his creations, says a product like Khadi gives employment to a lot of people and thus, should be encouraged.
Earlier this month, the designer was seen giving makeovers to youngsters using handloom in the first episode of The NDTV Good Times show "Get The Look #GlobalIndia".
"Khadi is a hand-spun fibre. The virtues of Khadi are that there is a lot of air gap between the construction of the fabric which makes it very comfortable. We just have to make people aware of what it is, why Khadi is a product of so much effort. It is a very labour intensive product and gives employment to a lot of people," Singh told IANS.
"We Indians have an emotional connect with the product. As the history involved with Khadi... it is a product with a real soul in it rather than a mass produce mill made fabric. Once you educate people about this, I think it is good enough for people to consider it over mass produce, so called cheaper product," he added.
"Get The Look #GlobalIndia" will also have designer Sanjay Garg, Monica and Karishma and Gaurang Shah giving makeovers to thirteen youngsters.
The show will end on June 15.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Jharkhand-based NGO Yuwa Wins Laureus Sport for Good Honour
- Kartik Aaryan was Offered Rs 10 Crore for a Film Post Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety but He Turned It Down
- Paresh Rawal's Plea Post Pulwama Attack: Don’t Invite Any Pakistani or Indian Terrorist Sympathisers To Spew Venom
- Go Back, Not Baga: A Banner in Goa is Advising Tourists to Not Follow Google Maps
- Rocking the Blues: German Town Breaks World Record for Largest Smurf Meeting
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s