Louis Vuitton Resort 2019: Sneaker Boots, Mask-like Sunnies and a Riot of Prints Rule the Runway
Prints were legion in the Louis Vuitton Resort 2019 collection, with polka dots, stripes, graphic patterns, flowers and abstract motifs.
(Photo: A model presents a creation by French designer Nicolas Ghesquiere as part of his 2019 Cruise collection show for French fashion house Louis Vuitton at the Fondation Maeght in Saint-Paul-de-Vence, France/ Reuters)
After Chanel, Prada and Dior, fashion house Louis Vuitton presented its Resort 2019 collection Monday, May 28 at the Marguerite and Aimé Maeght Foundation near Saint-Paul de Vence in the South of France. Sometimes highly feminine, sometimes androgynous, Louis Vuitton's Resort 2019 woman has several sides, always laced with a sense of freedom and carried with confidence.
Prints were legion in the Louis Vuitton Resort 2019 collection, with polka dots, stripes, graphic patterns, flowers and abstract motifs. Whether all-over patterns or in smaller touches, and with shiny fabrics or pastel hues, prints were the stars of this Resort 2019 show, reflecting its many inspirations.
Designer Nicolas Ghesquière -- artistic director of Louis Vuitton women's collections -- also played with volumes in this mid-season show, with some close-cut creations plus fuller pieces and layering effects using various materials.
The Resort 2019 collection featured many accessories, with hats -- in both sophisticated and wilder styles -- belts, mask-like sunglasses and extra-large earrings. As for footwear, Louis Vuitton picked thigh boots as the mid-season star, with flat, chunky, sneaker-like soles, creating a futuristic style with a sporty feel.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Takes Over the Mic From Nick Jonas to Sing 'Sucker' In Karaoke Session
- Did It Because I was in Love, Says Anushka Sharma on Why She Married Virat Kohli at 29
- BCCI to Invite Fresh Applications for Support Staff, Ravi Shastri Required to Re-Apply
- War Teaser Trailer Starring Hritik Roshan Has People Contesting Memes With Super 30
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: The Echo Show 5 Goes on Sale For Rs 5,399 And This May be Its Lowest Price Ever