Madhuri Dixit and husband Shriram Nene recently cooked sabudana khichdi at home together, and the actress posted a video with funny glimpses of the cooking session. The actress shared the recipe in a YouTube video, in which the couple is seen laughing together while cooking a dish that Shriram says is "very, very special" to them.
"I'm back with another cooking video and today’s dish is sabudana khichadi. This dish always reminds me of my grandmother. I have grown up eating it. And it was an integral part of fasting at home," Madhuri said.
Watch the video here:
Here's the ingredients for her recipe:
½ kg Sabudana
1 Potato, medium size, chopped
¾ cup Peanut powder
Salt to taste
1½ tsp Cumin seeds
Green chillies, chopped
Coriander leaves, chopped
1½ tsp Ghee
Sugar to taste
* Soak the sabudana overnight or for six-seven hours in water. The water should be until two-three inches above the sabudana.
* Drain the water.
* After she soaks the sabudana, Madhuri puts a little bit of olive oil (2½ tsp), salt and sugar, and steams it. It can be steamed either in a steamer for eight to ten minutes, or in a microwave for six to eight minutes.
* In a pan, heat ghee. Add cumin, chillies and curry leaves. Saute for a while.
* Now add chopped and boiled potato. Cook for a while.
* Now add sabudana to the pan. Mix well.
* Add peanut powder so that the sabudana does not stick. Mix well.
* Add coriander leaves (optional) for garnish. Sabudana khichdi is ready.