Magic Of Moon, Stars Inspire Designer Mithi Kalra
Designer Mithi Kalra, who launched her new 'Moonlight Collection' at the India Runway Week, says she found inspiration in the purity and sanctity attached to the moon and stars.
"Moonlight came to me almost naturally as I had always been fascinated with the purity and sanctity that is attached to the moon and stars and the magic we all have believed in from our very childhood," she said.
"And the monochrome trend is something I feel, even though in vogue from long, was in a need for some reinvention. So, I decided to play with somewhat sensual cuts and patterns on delicate yet easily wearable fabrics, as is apparent in my designs for this year's fashion runway," Kalra said in a statement.
Her line includes short party dresses, flowing ball gowns and full-length cocktail dresses.
The designer is an alumnus of the National Institute of Fashion Technology.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Sundar: MS Dhoni the Floater Could be India’s World Cup Trump Card
- This Bizarre Video Of a 'Baby Birth' Nail Art Tutorial Is Scarring The Internet
- Salah Fires Liverpool Seven Points Clear, Man United Extend Winning Run
- AutoSpace - Best of the Week: NGT Slams Volkswagen, New Wagon R Bookings Open and More
- Marvel Takes #10YearChallenge, Shares Pictures of Avengers Endgame Characters
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s