Miss India Manushi Chhillar Meets Haryana CM
It's her moment of pride.
(L-R) 2nd runner-up Priyanka Kumari, Miss India Winner Manushi Chellar and 1st runner up Sana Dua pose for media during the Miss India 2017 finale at Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai. (Image: Yogen Shah)
Femina Miss India World 2017 winner Manushi Chhillar met Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Tuesday.
Manushi, whose family hails from Haryana, said that she was proud to be from the state. She won the crown on June 25.
"I will try to win the Miss World 2017 crown for the country and my state," Manushi told the media here.
Khattar said that Haryana, which has been infamous for the worst sex ratio in the country, was seeing girls from the state achieving national and international heights.
Manushi, who is pursuing an MBBS degree from a girls' college in Haryana's Sonepat district, also shared details about Project Shakti, a campaign initiated by her to make women and girls more aware about menstrual hygiene.
"Haryana has always been a leader in notching achievements. I wish Haryana makes rapid strides in all spheres. I have achieved a lot but there is still a long way to go and a lot of preparation is needed. I promise that I will bring laurels to the state and the nation," Manushi said.
Recommended For You
- Jasleen Matharu Reportedly Files FIR Against Deepak Thakur, Ranveer Singh Goes on a Selfie Spree at ICC World Cup
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Launched With BS-VI Spec Petrol Engine at Rs 5.14 Lakh
- Not Your or Rest of World’s Business: Sania Mirza, Veena Mallik Engage in Twitter Spat Post India's Win Over Pakistan
- Xiaomi is Making Fun of Other Android Smartphones With Notches, as it Promotes The Mi 9T
- Biker Saves Three Girls from Eve-Teasing, Shows Importance of Mounted Cams in India
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s