Miss India Manushi Chhillar Meets Haryana CM
It's her moment of pride.
(L-R) 2nd runner-up Priyanka Kumari, Miss India Winner Manushi Chellar and 1st runner up Sana Dua pose for media during the Miss India 2017 finale at Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai. (Image: Yogen Shah)
Femina Miss India World 2017 winner Manushi Chhillar met Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Tuesday.
Manushi, whose family hails from Haryana, said that she was proud to be from the state. She won the crown on June 25.
"I will try to win the Miss World 2017 crown for the country and my state," Manushi told the media here.
Khattar said that Haryana, which has been infamous for the worst sex ratio in the country, was seeing girls from the state achieving national and international heights.
Manushi, who is pursuing an MBBS degree from a girls' college in Haryana's Sonepat district, also shared details about Project Shakti, a campaign initiated by her to make women and girls more aware about menstrual hygiene.
"Haryana has always been a leader in notching achievements. I wish Haryana makes rapid strides in all spheres. I have achieved a lot but there is still a long way to go and a lot of preparation is needed. I promise that I will bring laurels to the state and the nation," Manushi said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 20 Written Update: Rashami Desai, Mahira Sharma and Asim Riaz Declared Safe
- Woman Footballer's Hijab Came Off During a Match. Watch How Opponents Helped Her
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Displeasure on Illness Rumours, Says 'All is Not in the World For Sale'
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried