Paris Fashion Week Goes Bold on Catwalk Beauty
Four things we have learned from a packed and at times emotional six days as Paris men's fashion week comes to an end.
(Photo: Representative Image/ Official Instagram account of Dior)
As the Spring/Summer 2019 menswear shows rolled into Paris this week, the French capital put its best foot forward -- particularly when it came to statement runway beauty looks. Here are some of the most striking so far.
US designer Rick Owens took an abstract approach to catwalk beauty, covering some of his models' faces with embellished stockings that doubled up as striking masked accessories. Others had their hair styled into Goth-like curtains, or pulled up into gravity-defying spikes.
Split-personality hair and monochrome makeup were on the agenda at Facetasm, where dewy complexions and fiery orange hues made for a striking beauty look.
Walter Van Beirendonck
Full-on face paint was the main makeup tool used at Walter Van Beirendonck, with the models sporting myriad bold and abstract designs in vibrant colors.
Faces were scrubbed clean at Virgil Abloh's debut Louis Vuitton show, making the models' hair the main beauty focal point. Styles ranged from short buzz cuts to loose, shoulder-length curls that softened the aesthetic.
Glossy skin and razor-sharp eyeliner made for a polished look at GMBH, but natural, unfussy hair kept the overall effect soft and low-key.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- Salman Khan to Quit Bigg Boss 13 Owing to Health Conditions, Farah Khan May Take Over
- Cristiano Ronaldo Rages on Pitch Invaders After Scoring in Juventus' Champions League Win
- Fact Check: Woman Winning Award in Viral Video is Not Hyderabad Rape Victim
- Love Has 'Nose' Limits: Picture Of Two-Toed Sloths 'Taking It Slow' Goes Viral