Pokemon to Open Permanent New Restaurant in Tokyo in 2018
In the last few years, pop-up cafes have launched in Tokyo and Singapore in response to the frenzied popularity of the game, but none have been a permanent fixture.
Pokemon announces the launch of its first permanent Twitter handle. (Image courtesy: AFP Relaxnews)
Pokéfans take note: The gaming franchise with the cult following has announced plans to open a permanent restaurant and cafe in Tokyo next spring. It won't be the first Pokémon restaurant to open in the world. In the last few years, pop-up cafes have launched in Tokyo and Singapore in response to the frenzied popularity of the game.
But when the Pokémon Center Tokyo and DX & Pokémon Cafe opens at the Nihonbashi Takashimaya SC East Building on March 14, 2018, it will mark the company's first permanent restaurant. Renderings for the space reveal a large boutique where visitors can purchase Pokémon-branded merchandise, and a cafeteria-style restaurant. When it comes to themed restaurants, Tokyo has the market cornered.
Last year, Nintendo also opened a series of Kirby-themed cafes. Kirby is a ridiculously cute pink puffball that inhales objects and creatures to acquire their abilities. In 2015, Tokyo saw the opening of a "My Little Pony"-themed cafe, which serves coffee art emblazoned with the iconic characters.
Recommended For You
- Streaming Now: Netflix to Release Documentary on Cambridge Analytica Data Scandal The Great Hack
- A Pub in Gurugram Introduced Something Called 'Female Beer'. Why Even?
- YouTube Music Now Lets Your Switch Between a Song And Its Music Video With a Single Tap
- Dhoni Should be Informed by Selectors About Their Plans: Sehwag
- Ab de Villiers Marks T20 Blast Debut with Scintillating Knock at Lord’s