Polka Dots, Graphic Prints: Swimwear Trends to Try Out
On the design front, cuts are taking a more retro and cheeky turn with the infamous red "Baywatch" high-cut bottom suit.
BLUE LIFE Runway at FUNKSHION Swim Fashion Week at Funkshion Tent on July 23, 2017 in Miami Beach, Florida. (Image: Getty Images)
Love swimming? Ditch the plane Jane monochromatic, simple swimsuits and invest in prints like polka dots and definitive textures, or experiment with cuts, suggest experts.
Shruti Behal, Head of Product Design lingerie, nightwear, swimwear and activewear, PrettySecrets, and Soumya Kant, Vice President at Clovia, have given few inputs:
* Experiment with the different jazzy monokinis, bikinis, tankinis, vibrant sarongs and crochet style kaftans available in stores in funky and unique designs.
* Polka dots are the flavour of the season. Classy polka dots paired with pastel hues are a must-have this summer.
* On the design front, cuts are taking a more retro and cheeky turn with the infamous red "Baywatch" high-cut bottom suit.
* One-shoulder straps and florals are some of the other trends that will be witnessed.
* Designer and chic touches like ruffles, printed panels added to classic cuts and styles take the fashion quotient up a notch.
* For colours, stick to warm tones such as bright orange, marigold and sunset colours.
* Accentuate your waistline with a built-in belt style on bikini bottoms. This hip trend will accessorise and perk up an otherwise staid swimsuit.
* Smocking is another retro design that has made its way into the swimwear category. Teamed up with polka dots, this stretchy fabric embellishes a feminine look
* Breezy shrugs and sarongs are in. Pair them up with your bikini and add the sheer touch to your look.
* Revamp your wardrobe with a punch of classic colours with contrast trims, deep V-necks that will flatter your cleavage if you have a bigger bust. Bikini tops with underwire for support paired with metal accessories will look ultra chic. Pick a bikini bottom with a corset look in solid dark colours and monochromes. Avoid horizontal stripes, cutouts or detailing on the front side.
* Break the monotony of boring blacks, browns and blues and embrace the vivid colour palette of delightful pinks, reds, oranges and more.
* Try out different prints and structures like definitive textures, graphic prints like fresh bloom, geometric, plaids, abstract to match spring and a potent colour philosophy
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Ashes 2019: Ben Stokes Inspires England to Miraculous Win at Headingley
- Salman Khan Promises Tatkal Ticket to Finale in Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Jio Effect: Airtel May Offer Free Android STB, HD LED TV with Broadband, DTH Plans
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones