Dates kheer is a delicious nutty flavoured dessert, which is not just easy to make but is also healthy because it does not contain any added sugar. Here is a simple recipe for all of you to make dates kheer at home.
Dates (20)\(175 gm)
Milk (4 cups)
Half tablespoon desi ghee
One fourth tablespoon of cardamom powder
One fifth tablespoon Chironji\Charoli seeds
- First deseed dates, roughly cut into pieces.
- Soak dates in half a cup of warm milk for up to 20 mins.
- Take 10 cashews and almonds and soak in warm water for 10 mins.
- In a blender, add soaked dates and blend them to a smooth paste.
- Then add soaked cashews and almonds to a blender and blend to smooth paste using milk (used for soaking).
- Heat a kadhai or pan then add ghee to it.
- Add dates, paste and saute for 3 to 5 minutes until the moisture goes off and dates slightly thicken.
- Add 3 cups of boiled and cooled milk to the date paste, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add cashew and almond paste, stir well and cook for 5 mins on low flame.
- Turn off the heat and add chironji cardamom powder.
- Then serve dates kheer hot or warm.
This mouth-watering recipe takes only 30 minutes to get ready. This recipe also contains a lot of health benefits, for dates are a good source of iron and a great blood purifier. It also helps maintain our bone health and bone density. Its vitamin C and D work on our skin elasticity, which provides us anti-ageing benefits. This dessert boosts energy in our bodies.