Quick Tips To Styling Chinos Like A Boss
Chinos are the warm-weather alternative to jeans.
Whether it is a casual business get-up or weekend, chinos is workable both ways, say experts.
Expert designers have listed some points to be remembered when you plan on wearing chinos on various occasions.
* Work: Not possible to wear shorts to work? There is an easy way out to cover your bare legs without getting roasted in this heat - wear chinos. Remember, your chinos shouldn't be low rise and they should fit more like dress trousers. You should be cautious in maintaining a clean line from the waist to the opening of the leg.
* Hot weekend: When it comes to weekend wear, most men tend to sway two ways. Either they wear sizes that are too baggy or too tight where the skin can't breathe. Impeccable fit is what should be picked when buying bottom wear - not to tight nor too loose. Flat fronts are best for slimmer guys, and pleated can help streamline a guy with some extra pounds.
* Too short: It's usually said, trousers should meet the tops of your shoes with just a little break at your ankles. The exception: chinos and denims. If you are in a mood to experiment, roll up the legs of your jeans if you want to - but only a couple of times. And don't be too neat about it. A bit of dishevelment makes it look casual, as though you've been around.
* Colour: Neutral shades are the basic must-haves. Playing with colours is a fair choice when it comes to a great pair of chinos. Depending on how you want to wear your chinos - casual or formal - you can add a splash of colour to it. It doesn't always have to be dull, experiment your style to improvise the look.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Airtel V-Fiber Offers up to 1000GB Free Data & Plans Start at Rs 799
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Hardik Pandya Turns Showstopper at Lakme Fashion Week
- Jemimah Rodrigues Impresses Yorkshire Teammates With Impromptu Concert
- India vs West Indies | In-form Rohit Sharma Should Open in West Indies: Ganguly