Reliance Launches 'The Earth Tee' Made With Recycled Pet Bottles
Say yes to green fashion!
To commemorate World Environment Day on Tuesday, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has launched a special T-shirt, branded The Earth Tee and designed by fashion designer Anita Dongre.
The T-shirt has been made with processed and recycled pet bottles which were disposed by individuals at the IMG Reliance's Lakme Fashion Week in January.
"Reliance is committed to ensure environmentally sustainable and responsible operations to achieve highest standards of excellence. The ‘Fashion for Earth' is our endeavour to make people participate in our efforts to conserve the environment and the planet," a RIL spokesperson said in a statement.
"The Earth Tee, designed by Anita Dongre, depicts the new paradigm of environmentally responsible fashion. The initiative is launched to celebrate the initiation of this long-term relationship, as we decided to jointly promote The Earth Tee with Anita Dongre and Lakmé Fashion Week as partners," the spokesperson added.
The fabric is made from pre-dyed fibres that doesn't require much water. Whatever little water is required, 90 percent of it is recycled.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Anand Mahindra Wants to Gift a Car to Man Who Took His Mother on India Tour on Scooter
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami