Richness Of Indian Craft Incomparable, Says Designer Sunita Shekhawat
One must learn from and honour the past, says Sunita Shekhawat.
Representative Image: www.SunitaShekhawat.com
Designer Sunita Shekhawat, who has collaborated with designer brand House of Kotwara to do a photo shoot with Bollywood actress Huma Qureshi, feels the richness of Indian craft is incomparable. She says that to be able to design for the future, one must learn from and honour the past.
Shekhawat and the House of Kotwara aligned their 25-year-long mutual passion for craft, legendary familial heritage and discerning understanding of art and colour to curate this collection.
"The richness of the craft is incomparable. Kundan-meena by the very virtue of its essence, craftsmanship and rich history, is considered an artefact. The challenge and conversely the strength of the brand lies in preserving the old world and original charm, while reinventing the sensibility for contemporary time and the future.
"The brand believes that to be able to design for the future one must learn from and honour the past. These values are reflected by the House of Kotwara and both brands are tremendously proud to have put this together," Shekhawat told IANS.
The designer has also recently associated with brand Vidhi Singhania for a spring summer line that pays tribute to woven textiles of Kota and to kundan-meenakari jewellery.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Raps About Life in Shantytown in Gully Boy New Song Mere Gully Mein
- Cristiano Ronaldo Pleads Guilty to Tax Fraud at Madrid Court, Accepts Suspended Sentence
- Deepika Padukone Ranks Ahead of Shah Rukh, Salman Khan on Most Valued Indian Celebrity List
- Nissan Kicks Compact SUV Launched in India for Rs 9.55 Lakh, to Rival Hyundai Creta and Mahindra XUV300
- Guinness World Records Makes a Man Eat Humble Pie After His Failed Pi Memorisation Record 'Attempt'
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s