Rina Dhaka To Announce Measure To Support Varanasi Handloom Initiative
Dhaka says apex fashion body, the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), is supporting the campaign.
Image: Instagram/ Rina Dhaka
New Delhi: Designer Rina Dhaka said that she will be making a special announcement to support the handloom campaign in Varanasi on National Handloom Day, which falls on Sunday, but doesn't have the full details yet.
Dhaka says apex fashion body, the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), is supporting the campaign. She added that she is unaware about the other details related to the event.
"I am off to Varanasi tomorrow (Sunday) for some announcement. I have no clue of what the agenda is... All I know is that FDCI (Fashion Design Council of India) is supporting this initiative and they have asked me to be a part of this journey to Varanasi to make an announcement supporting this cause," Dhaka told IANS in a telephonic conversation.
Dhaka, who has styled big names like Naomi Campbell, Martha Marzotto and Uma Thurman, added that she will have a clear picture only when she will reach Varanasi.
The designer said: "I will get a clear picture tomorrow (Sunday). I don't have any information about it ... Mr. (FDCI president Sunil) Sethi had called me and asked me to be on the plane tomorrow."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan Introduces Saiee Manjrekar with A Quirky Caption
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy