Skin Hydration Tips To Beat The Summer Heat
Sun's powerful rays can damage your skin.
(Photo: Getty/ Representative Image)
The heat is here and so are the summer fun activities. So, if you're wondering how to make those dry patches on your face very smooth, just make sure of following some basic routines.
Sangeeta Velaskar, Vice President, R&D and Head, Medical Services from Kaya Clinic gives tips fora hydrated healthy skin:
* It is always important to apply sunscreen to your face before going out in the morning. Even if it's not too sunny outside, the sun's powerful rays can damage your skin.
* It is never good to use direct hot water on skin as it washes away the sebum that is required by the skin to retain moisture. A good way is to use lukewarm water for washing your face.
* Using the right kind of moisturizer is the key to skin hydration. During summer, you should opt for moisturizers which are water-based instead of oil-based.
Sonia Mathur, Head - Training and Competence Development at Divine Organics gives a few tips and tricks to beat the summer heat and hydrate the skin in an effective manner:
* Drinking adequate amount of water (at least 8 glasses a day) is an essential one as water helps in digestion, circulation, absorption and getting rid of skin toxins. If your skin is not getting sufficient amount of water, the lack of hydration will present itself by dry and flaky skin.
* Hydrate your skin with a hydrating mask at least twice a week. This will not only help in hydrating the skin but also in removing excess oils and other impurities. This is a must-do to improve the appearance of your skin.
* Toner therapy is something that is overlooked by many. For glowing and hydrated skin, add toner therapy to your beauty regime. It helps reduce open pores seizing maximum dust, dirt and pollution leading to acne.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Airtel May Offer Free Android STB, HD LED TV with Broadband, DTH Plans
- Streaming Now: 13 Reasons Why You Should Watch Man Vs Wild
- No, You Aren’t Supposed to Do That: Saif Ali Khan to Paparazzi
- Sophie Turner Dances Arm in Arm with Priyanka Chopra's Mother
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel