Stella McCartney Gives Advice To Budding Designers
Get lucky enough to break into the industry!
Fashion designer Stella McCartney wants budding designers to be "honest" with themselves if they want to break into the fashion industry.
The 46-year-old, who has cut the brand Kering's 50 percent share out of her fashion empire in a bid to move forward with an independent business, has advised industry aspirants to be "passionate" and true to themselves when they are launching a label or a collection, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"Find what drives you, what you are passionate about, and be honest with yourself," McCartney told Vogue magazine.
She also believes that when an entrepreneur is "lucky enough" to crack the business, they must try to be unique about their work and stand out in the crowd as she believes there are not enough people who have their own style.
"If you are lucky enough to break into the industry, try and enjoy it, but also try and do something different. I think the world is looking for a point of difference. There aren't enough people in fashion approaching it in a different way."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Ira Khan Shares Romantic Pic With Boyfriend Mishaal, But Her Caption Spark Concern Among Netizens
- Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Leaked Ahead of Launch, All-Black SUV Looks Dominating
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones