Sushant Singh Rajput's Look In Raabta Demanded Extensive Research, Say Designers
They even made a customised detailed leather armour for Sushant.
A YouTube still from Raabta.
Actor Sushant Singh Rajputs look in "Raabta" was custom crafted and took extensive research, says Harsheen Arora, who co-owns with Vipul Amar the Delhi-based personalised leather apparel and costume brand The V Renaissance.
"The film has had extensive research go into it, with the sets, the costumes and looks all specifically designed to recreate an era gone by in an ultra-realistic fashion. The costume designer Maxima Basu specifically sought out and worked with us," Arora said in a statement.
"The aesthetics, the fluidity of motion and an intense focus on details which are the hallmarks of our brand became integral to the curation," Arora added.
Basu says he wanted a customised detailed leather armour for Sushant.
"I approached The V Renaissance for Sushant's wild warrior look because I wanted customised detailed leather armour which had a unique look -- from the colour and texture of the hide to the form it would be casted in -- all very specific to the environment of Jilan.
"I was truly impressed with their leather craft and felt they could come up with leather patterns that have not been explored before," Basu said.
Directed by Dinesh Vijan, "Raabta" is a romantic period drama film co-produced by Vijan, Homi Adajania and Bhushan Kumar.
The film, which released on June 9, also features Kriti Sanon and Jim Sarbh in lead roles.
Recommended For You
- Kangana Ranaut Talks About Joining Politics, Nationalism, Nepotism & 'Psycho Love'
- Rising India: Ranveer Singh Talks About Facing The Limelight, His Style Quotient And Padmaavat
- Zuckerberg Goes 007 Mode: Sets up 'Secret Police' to Find Information Leakers in Facebook
- Irani Cup: Rajneesh Gurbani Puts Vidarbha on Brink of Win After Record 800/7
- Rajinikanth Ensured I Ate On Time: Pankaj Tripathi